I also support this and would not have a problem at all making a personal
donation.  Java support on Linux is a critical area for me.  What about
O'Reilly's recent open source thing. It's  a forum where developers can propose
a project and get funding from corp. entitiesm for open source projects or a
corp. can request developers for certain open source projects the corps want to
see happen. sounds like a good starting place.

Joel McCarty