KIRKBRIDE Rob wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the info yes it was the JDK optimizer I was interested in

Oh, you mean "javac -O"? I'm afraid that's not very useful speed-wise. I
have never noticed a noticeable speed difference between -O and not -O
with the Blackdown JDK, but on the other hand I haven't really measured
it either.

> Much of my application is gui driven but I suspect there are areas when my string
>handling is not optimal. I've not used the profiler, is that 'jvmpi'? I couldn't find
>it in the Blackdown distribution, only a zip file in the documentation.

Run

      java -Xrunhprof:help

and follow the instructions to create a profiling file. If you can't
figure out how to interpret that file, ask again...

Ekkehard