Hello

Recently an interesting question crossed my mind - is there a project for
"emedding" JRE as part of Linux system. By embedding I mean starting it at
system boot or the first time it's needed and keep it running, so that when
the user starts an Java application java is already there and start time is
shortened. One of the reasons lots of users avoid java is because even the
simplest application loads several times slower than its naive ecuivalent.
I know about the kernel module that invokes JRE when you exec a java .class
file(with appropriate +x permission). But it doesn't keep JVM is not resident.

fYavor