Charles Forsythe wrote:
Quoting Diego Pons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Think about it, perhaps we would have already JVM's on silicon on the
cheap instead of needing these gigaherz machines to run java properly.

JVMs on silicon? Like, maybe, the Ajile AJ-100?

I'd be interested in comments on the ARM-926EJ support, which executes the common bytecodes directly. Newer ARM11 chips also do this even faster, but they're not yet widely available.

I don't seem to see support for ARM in the Blackdown pages;
what's the best free (like beer, or like pre-Ashcroft liberty)
JVM that leverages the ARM Jazelle hardware?

- Dave