On 11/27/06, Suman Ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The last line [at
org.apache.lucene.index.MultiTermDocs.next(MultiReader.java:349)]
repeats another 1010 times before the program crashes.

I understand that without the actual index or the documents, it's
nearly impossible to narrow down the cause of the error. However, can
you please point to any theoretical reason why
org.apache.lucene.index.MultiTermDocs.next will go into an infinite
loop?

MultiTermDocs.next() is a recursive function.  From what I can see of
it though, it shouldn't recurse greater than the number of segments in
the index.

How many segments do you have in your index?  What IndexWriter
settings have you changed (mergeFactor, maxMergeDocs, etc)?

-Yonik