Hi,

I'm planning to implement a search infrastructure on a P2P overlay. To
achieve this, I want to first distribute the indices to various nodes
connected by this overlay. My approach is to partition the indices by
keyword, that is, one node takes care of certain keywords (or terms). When a
simple TermQuery is encountered, we just find the node associated with that
term (with distributed hash table) and get the result. And suppose a
BooleanQuery is issued, we contact all the nodes involved in this query and
finally merge the result.

So my question is: does Lucene support partitioning the indices by keywords?

Thanks in advance.

--
Look before you leap