Uwe Schindler wrote:

Is there any plans to have simpler queries for Numbers and Data?

With the recent addition of TrieRangeQuery (in 2.9), I think Lucene's
range querying is actually very strong, though you'd have to subclass
QueryParser and override getRangeQuery to have it create TrieRangeQuery.

The additions for QueryParser to support this are done in Solr (because in contrast to Lucene alone, Solr knows the datatype and encoding) of each
field: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-940

You can do it in the same way. Maybe we should supply some "plugin" for the
QueryParser in TrieRange contrib?

+1

Or perhaps we should move Trie* into core Lucene, and then build a real (ootb) integration with QueryParser.

Mike