What are the associated Analyzers for your Gene and Token?
Because if they're NOT something akin to KeywordAnalyzer, you
have a problem. Specifically, most of the "regular" tokenizers will
break this stream up into three separate terms,
"brain", "natriuetic", and "peptide". If that's the case,  there is no
single term in your index "brain natriuetic peptide".

I'm assuming that your high-level task is to answer "how many times
does the phrase 'brain natriuetic peptide' appear in the index (or maybe
doc)", right?

I really recommend that you get a copy of Luke and examine what's
actually in your index, it's invaluable.....

See Jason's e-mail for another approach....

HTH
Erick