Hi Grant,

These are 2 cases into work i've done that I can think of:

-use Lucene to match products in a database with eBay auctions, the title
of the auction is used as the query to Lucene.

-use a servlet filter and Lucene to map well-formed URL's into a website
to it's individual (product) pages. A deeper URL results in a Lucene
BooleanQuery with more clauses.

Hope this is enough (ab)use...

Wouter