Hi Grant,

In Carrot2 (and Carrot Search's commercial products) we're not using
Lucene as an indexing/ search service directly, but we are re-using a
lot of internal infrastructure (like analyzers, ported snowball
stemmers and other segmentation stuff). We also plan on using the new
language identifiers, automata, tests framework...

I guess this shows that Lucene is a lot _more_ than just a document
retrieval library. There are nuggets in the codebase that one can
utilize on their own, without the rest of Lucene.

If you need details, let me know on prv, I'll scan the sources and
provide concrete examples.

Dawid