May be you could suspend some of your rendering when
  resizing? Add a component event listener to the
  Japplet, and pause your rendering thread - may be
  it'll help.

  Dmitri

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
OK thanks Dmitri.

Unfortunately using setIgnoreRepaint() doesn't help.

My multithreaded rendering is working very nicely and in some ways is less
complex than putting it all in one thread.  I think I will just live with the
small amount of flickering on resize that I have now.