This "wrong" information was started with posts by Java3D TEAM members
on this list as very long time ago.   I still remember that day in Nov
2001 I got news that they were closing J3D down.  So do not blame people
that just report what was posted here officially.  They started the "J3D
is dead" mumblings and have declared it alive and dead several times
since then.

First post.
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:07:28 -0800
http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0111&L=java3d-interest&P=R3929&I=-3&m=22059

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The demanding to remove this wrong information isn't new but j3d.org seems
not to be interested in it :-(

You can find my own (small) J3D-related website at
http://java3d.virtualworlds.de . It contains several information, is
english-"speaking" but there is a focus on information in german too.