On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 22:19:49 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplum...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Damon Nguyen has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Remove double quotes
>
> src/jdk.jdi/share/classes/com/sun/tools/example/debug/tty/TTYResources_de.java
>  line 325:
>
>> 323:         {"Unexpected event type", "Unerwarteter Ereignistyp: {0}"},
>> 324:         {"unknown", "unbekannt"},
>> 325:         {"Unmonitoring", "Monitoring von {0} aufheben"},
>
> The English entry is:
>
>         {"Unmonitoring", "Unmonitoring {0} "},
>
> But the German entry now says "Monitoring". I'm  sure what the original
> "\u00DCberwachung" translates to, other than berwachung is monitoring. Now
> this resource is partly in English, and is the incorrect English.

I don't know German, but when plugging `"Monitoring von {0} aufheben"` into
google translate, I get `Unmonitoring` as well. Maybe `Monitoring` is a word
that could also be used in German? No clue. The translation tool decided to
make this change.

@sormuras do you have any input on this?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19609#discussion_r1633925334