I have issues with reliability in eclipse, esp once I get a few
plugins going.  And it's plugin ecosystem/discovery is a mess.

I've been using Netbeans RC for Grails/Groovy development for the past
week or so, it's been good, and some of the performance oddites I
seemed to experience in 6.0 aren't there any more, that's either the
extra gig of RAM in my machine or the fact I'm not doing pure Java
with it now.

I think the dynamic languages focus is good, the Rails support was
good when I used it in 6.0.

As far as Sun's health, this is sobering:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/technology/companies/31sun.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

This is a pity, as I think they have a compelling stack: Hardware, OS,
DB, Developer tooling, App server, mobile and of course Java.
Speaking as a developer, I'd pick Sun's stack over Oracle's or IBM's
any day of the week.