On Aug 5, 3:21 pm, Casper Bang <casper.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should Snoracle decide to go after Google (Android, GWT...), they now
> have a hefty bomb in their arsenal too. Cynical interpretation
> perhaps, but business is business and it was a great lesson from the
> cold war.
>
> /Casper

Ridiculous. The enemy is Microsoft, not Google.
Sun/Oracle should be trying to court Google to use more Java and some
JavaFX somewhere.
Heck, Picasa is a great tool to be converted in JavaFX. H*ck, if I had
ANY power in Sun, that'd be
mi priority. I'd put the best team of coders to do a Picasa in JavaFX,
and then give it away, free of charge, to Google, let them brand it.
Consider it marketing expenses. Then sit and watch as the
numbhttp://groups.google.com/group/javaposse/browse_thread/thread/faada61d260ee853?hl=ener
of JavaFX installs skyrockets...

Remember Scott McNealy giving Google's CEO Schmidt a box of
StarOffice?
http://news.cnet.com/Sun-and-Google-shake-hands/2100-1014_3-5888701.html?tag=lia;rcol

Remember the bundling of StarOffice (windows-only) with Google Pack?
Those were steps in the right direction.

Now, I'm still awaiting for some cool integration between OpenOffice/
StarOffice and Google Docs....

After a year in development, this is still too buggy, and the guy
working on this extension needs to be hired by Oracle/Sun... if you
ask me
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/node/137 and this extension
needs to be bundled with OO.o AND a big marketing push about it...

But I'm threading off-topic. With regards to the issue of On2, Sun
missed the chance to purchase On2 and OPEN UP the needed codecs, in
other words "do a StarOffice" just like when they bought Stardivision
Gmbh and opened up its source code....

Google doesn't have the GPL in its DNA.... let's see what they do...

FC