Massimo wrote:
> > I find rather annoying this kind of reply. :-) Especially people
> > like me, who hasn't got a deep knowledge of C#, would like to have
> > some proofing points: "you're wrong BECAUSE ...".
>
>  ok...
>
> > "I said that C# was designed to always be compiled, Java was not."
>
>  This is simply wrong BECAUSE Java is compiled to byte code and often
>  that byte code is compiled again to CPU instructions...
>
>  Java is compiled, and yes, it was even designed to be compiled.
>
>  I can't even believe we are having this conversation.

Well, it seems you didn't understand the point. The discussion is about
_directly_ compiling Java into native code, not getting the bytecode as
the result of HotSpot or such during execution - this makes a huge
difference for licensing issues with the iPhone (the former approach is
allowed by Apple, the latter is forbidden).

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."