> It says right on their site that it requires a Mac and the Apple
> iPhone SDK (which is Mac only)

Yes, that's because they will run into trouble with Apple otherwise.
It's my understanding that when you compile using MonoTouch, it will
output a binary ready to be run on the iPhone/iPod Touch device. You
would then use iTunes to drag the binary over the application panel
and sync the device. And given that MonoDevelop is morphing into a
cross platform IDE I see no reason why they would not aim at this.

> Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are junking up
> this discussion group with nonsense.

The fact is that Java was designed to be interpreted and let the
JIT'er do all the optimization and compilation. There's evidence to
this many places, just look at the overloaded JVM instructions for
doing arithmetics, something that's there in order to speed up
emulation (type lookup not necessary). Also, notice the lack of
optimizations in the javac compiler, as this is left almost entirely
to the JIT compiler.

> Maybe you should limit your posting to technologies that you've
> actually tried using.

If I'm wrong about something, by all means correct me - this is a
discussion forum. However, the response you made I can't only take as
trolling.

/Casper