Mario Camou wrote:
>  Oh, and another thing. The current crop of Flex apps has demonstrated
>  that having a native L&F isn't really necessary for many kinds of
>  apps, so it's probably better to go with something that looks good
>  vs. some half-assed emulation of native widgets (i.e., Nimbus is
>  beautiful). -Mario.

Indeed, for me SWT has got no more reasons to exist (apart from legacy,
that is applications already using it). If you're writing a cool,
end-user interface, as Mario says the trend is that you don't need
native L&F. If you're developing industrial applications, L&F is not
important (apart from the effectiveness) and Swing is appreciated for
versatility and no need of extra native libs. That's why many industrial
applications use the NetBeans Platform ;-) Forgot to say that SWT has
been a source of pain (not ended yet) on Mac OS X, even though not for
SWT fault.

PS Can somebody tell me whether SWT has got native hardware acceleration?

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."