Casper Bang wrote:
>  AFAIK that's entirely up to the native peer, how it chooses to render
>  - there shouldn't be anything preventing SWT from taking advantage
>  of the GPU. Then again, this topic is more interesting in Swing since
>  the whole UI effectively has to be emulated whereas SWT is using
>  native stuff which is already fast, not just when rendering but also
>  in regard to event handling and responsiveness.

Cough, cough :-) I've already repeated many times that I'm referring to
font rendering, texture, gradients, image rendering... Most of those
things are not done by common components (unless you stay with a boring
L&F such as that of Eclipse, of course ;-)

>  There exists a group of people referring to Swing's vision as a pipe
>  dream and it's interesting to note that the up-and-coming language
>  Fan, is using SWT. Last but not least, try asking a visually impaired

"The" up-and-coming? Probably you meant "yet-another" ? :-)

>  user, using a screen reader, what they think of a Swing application.
>  :)

Well, I have co-workers wearing glasses and frankly nobody has ever
complained about Swing :-)

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."