On Apr 14, 2:27 am, Robert Casto <casto.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are an application developer, you want your application to look and
> behave the same everywhere.

If you're a user, you want all your applications on one platform to
look and behave the same, so that you instinctively know how to use
them.  And that means apps look different on different platforms,
which is fine because the platforms are different (and look
different), too.  That's why cross-platform toolkits like AIR produce
apps that look alien on every platform they run.  Yes, that's cheaper
for the developer but a worse user experience.

So if I had to build a cross-platform app, I would build a web app for
desktop/mobile and add native mobile clients where I can justify the
effort (iPhone, Android).  Typically, native mobile apps are a lot
less feature-rich and have a lot less design items (much less graphics/
images), so they are also a lot cheaper to do.