On 18 May 2010 22:13, fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it <
fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it> wrote:

>  Yes, it's the same thing I've made with blueMarine that just sends me a
> short ping when it starts. Indeed, the capability of having more complex
> analytics such as those GA (and Flurry) provides is something that I didn't
> think of and it's really great considering how important is to second user's
> wishes in such user oriented apps.

agreeded, coming from a enterprise background I also had little respect for
a users well being until moving into the consumer mobile environment.

One important measure of how successful your app is going, is the
reoccurring usage; which unfortunately is difficult to measure unless you
use a unique identifier from each installation of the device, but
considering websites do it too us every day, i really don't feel to bad
putting that in the analytics, and never tie it to the actual user data
anyway.

another nice measure is duration of usage to see if the app is being given a
"fair go".

/derek