Hi Fabrizio,

Guess you mean FOSS (Free and Open Source Software).

blueBill looks good http://bluebill.tidalwave.it/mobile/ (that is what we
are talking about right?)

I have used Flurry (http://flurry.com) and Google Analytics (GA) for mobile
apps (
http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/tracking/mobileAppsTracking.html
).

Google Analytics includes some special info about app store referrals:
http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/tracking/mobileAppsTrackingAndroid.html

I found Flurry helped me a lot to work out what to track in GA; and i ended
up trying to emulate the flurry stats in GA.

But using these as a guide, and aiming for a completely open source
solution, you might like to consider using http calls to a server that
accepts call to all urls (and returns a empty 200 response), then use a web
log analysis tool such as awstats to get nice rollup of your transactional
data. Of course this won't work for offline or semi-connected apps, but a
little work with a local database (like flurry and GA use) could over come
this. with this approach you can use a user-agent string to communicate info
about the device and app version, and use url's to track particular events.
as an advantage you get some session duration info and unique usage
interpretation, and geoip lookup.

/derek