Maybe with Win 7 and IE9's option to not run on XP we may finally see
companies moving forward technology wise. I see companies that still
have XP and IE6 as their main desktop. They are more focused on doing
whatever business they are doing then worrying about their
technological infrastructure, until that lack of attention bites them
on the rear.

HTML5 technologies are here in various forms and continue to be
expanded upon and implemented by the browser vendors. If your company
wants to make use of it they can, nothing to stop them but themselves.

If you ask me, HTML5 isn't coming, its already here.