It is not just about building an App Server. Each vendor is trying to
promote his own suite of products-in a way trying to tell us to use
only their products for all the requirements. That seems to be the
trend these days...

SQl and turing complete? I doubt that..your reasons aren't convincing enough..

Regards,
jd