The idea of silently having an object always persisted is certainly an
appealing one.

Shame it doesn't work so well in practice,  in order to avoid issues of
persisting an object (or multiple related objects) in an inconsistent state
we need some form of transactions, or "checkpoints" where a session is
manually flushed/saved.

That's usually where the problems begin, especially with the involvement of
threads...

On 13 July 2010 14:35, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it>wrote:

Kevin Wright

mail/google talk: kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com