So what you are effectively saying is that there are two likely
outcomes:

1) Oracle helps create a new modern runtime profile compatible with
Android (Java Android Edition) a la JME and licenses the old-fashioned
way they have always done it.

2) Google dumps Dalvik and forks OpenJDK instead, which satisfies
Oracle and provides patent immunity at the same time.

Bummer, I rather like the speed of a fast trace-based hybrid like
Dalvik. Not sure I'd like a server-grade VM like HotSpot crippling my
phone.

/Casper