On Aug 17, 12:17 pm, Reinier Zwitserloot <reini...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, if google had gone with C#/Mono, they'd have only a quarter of
> their current userbase, and what makes you think Microsoft would NOT
> have sued Google with a bunch of overly broad patents? Microsoft has
> more at stake than Oracle, and would have a more destructive end-
> result in mind (killing off android to make room for windows mobile
> 7).

Power corrupts and Microsoft have indeed been abusive in the past, but
if Google sticked to the Ecma spec I don't see how they could do
anything against a clean-room implementation like Mono. Hopefully they
will eventually replace their monkey CEO, but for the time being
Ellison is the scary one and Ballmer is the one to pity.