I visited the NetBeans profiling guys in Prague in June. If they were being
dropped, they certainly didn't know about it. In fact they've been given quite
a task to improve visualvm so I think support for NBP is quite strong. And it
makes sense as Oracle doesn't have anything that competes with NBP. Also Oracle
is used to giving it's customers tools for diagnosing problems in production
environments. Expect more big investment in making Java easier to troubleshoot
in prod.

Regards,
Kirk