> I only said fanboi (with my silly hat on) because it was you said Google
> made no money from Android when we all know that they make the money from
> ads and so on as has been discussed

Yeah they have alternative/indirect motives based on their existing
portfolio of revenue streams, but unlike JME og Windows, they do not
charge a license fee directly from the next tier. This is why we can
expect to see $100 phones and $200 tablets in the future.

My issue is with your broad sweeping of "they", as with Microsoft and
any other corporation with 20K+ employees, there are "evil" and "good"
intentions going on depending on which water cooler you're around. The
definition of good vs. evil depends on your own context and whether
"good" is still going to give you and your family food on the table.
That's what Sun struggled with and it's what Novell is currently
struggling with. I still however find it less destructive to go the
marketing route and pursue ad revenues than go the lawyer route and
pursue ideas, which is all a patent really is.