I have 4 weeks of PTO, and are paid for extra hours either in cash (every
six months) or with corresponding time off (this needs to be consumed within
the month that you worked extra; makes for nice "I'm taking Friday off"
weeks although having that as a norm is not well received)

Now working in the US, coming from Spain, I seem to be among the lucky ones
when it comes to paid time off. Salary has no comparison whatsoever, much
higher now for software development at this side of the pond.

Juan Marín Otero
GIS Consultant

http://guachintoneando.blogspot.com