>And no I don't see an overall business benefit for a large team moving to
>Scala from Java at this point.
>Given reasons previously stated you need to look at macro benefits not 'I am a
>developer and I like it' mentality.

Amen! The best thing for producitivity is to stick in one technology,
get to know it well, and use it project after project.
I often see no, or little cost/benefit analysis when adopting new
frameworks or technology.

I've never seen a team deliver value faster than on a stack of Struts
1, Hibernate 3 and Jetty/Tomcat.