On 9/27/10 17:29 , Les Stroud wrote:

the US context, which is a very dynamic one. I mean, I'd be rather
surprised, instead, to learn that people spend the whole life in the
same corporate. I expect that people like those we're often commenting
on get the best for themselves, and give the best for the community, by
changing corporate something in a while.
This is a very interesting question. In Italy we've been always acquainted, in sadness, that you need to go for the managing career in order to advance. That's why people who want to remain technical are usually "forced" to stay as freelances. USA have been always been considered as a different thing... are thing changing, so? It would be sad.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."