That's a double-negative...

If you *are* an inferior developer and unwilling to learn, then Scala is not
for you.  I think this was the entire point... There are a lot of 9-5 "code
monkeys" out there who are genuinely unwilling to learn, Scala will not
appeal to these people.

But if you are willing to learn, then you won't automatically like Scala;
you may prefer Clojure, or Haskell, Coq or Agda, or some extreme Java
hackery - like writing lombok or lambdaj.  However, you *will* find that
100% of current Scala developers are in the "willing to learn" group, and
those coming from a lot of Java experience are in the "trying to push the
state of the art" group as well.

On 28 September 2010 12:29, Casper Bang <casper.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So by inference, people who are not convinced by Scala, are inferior
> developers unwilling to learn?
>
> On Sep 28, 11:55 am, B Smith-Mannschott <bsmith.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:51, Vince O'Sullivan <vjosulli...@gmail.com
> >wrote:

> learn
> Scala
> > > is
> >
> > > There's no logical connection between those two sentences.
> >
> > The logical connection is "willingness to learn". Presumably students are
> > willing to learn. "Good" programmers are also willing to learn. (Or would
> > you argue that they are not? Or perhaps that all programmers have the
> same
> > level of skill and interest?)
> >
> > // ben

Kevin Wright