Apple likes to move quietly under the radar, at immense speed... they
do things very differently than most, i.e. changing CPU architecture 3
times in 1½ decade. I simply don't think they are interested in Java
anymore and they don't need another dependency to "tie them down". I
also don't really think Oracle cares enough about client side Java to
do much about it, there's only money in them for JEE. JSE is dying bit
by bit, like JME... tough reality to swallow perhaps, but really just
Darwin's evolutionary theory applied to software.