No, I never stated that, because I don't believe it.

Using higher-level concepts with fewer *tokens* will reduce the number of
bugs.  It just so happens that few tokens usually result in shorter code.

I don't even consider comments when thinking about how long code is, because
comments aren't code.

Using shorter identifiers *may* reduce the risk of bugs if they're otherwise
so long that they obscure the essential complexity of an algorithm.
 Seriously, would you write something like this?

for(int
indexOfAuthorInCurrentIteration=0;
indexOfAuthorInCurrentIteration<=authorsFromNameQuery.length;
++indexOfAuthorInCurrentIteration) {
  Author currentAuthorBeingIteratedOver
= authorsFromNameQuery[indexOfAuthorInCurrentIteration]
  // do something with the author
}

Do you NOT believe that shorter names would make the example clearer?

On 25 October 2010 02:38, Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com>wrote:

> @Kevin
>
> I guess refactoring code so all identifiers are really short single
> characters ( a human powered obfuscator) means i just made my code have less
> bugs..right ?
>
> If my class names are shorter and thus my source files have less characters
> does that mean my code has less bugs ?
>
> if my code has no comments does that mean it has less bugs ?

Kevin Wright

mail / gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
pulse / skype: kev.lee.wright
twitter: @thecoda