That makes a lot of sense to me.

The Blackberry development environment is more accessible to me, I can
use Windows, Linux or even Mac.

Even the Windows Phone environment is more accessible, since I don't
have a Mac. Last time I checked, there's still more people with
Windows machines and "Windows" developers than Mac ones, so it makes
perfect sense that they're not looking forward to develop in an
environment that is not available to them.

The whole thing about only being able to develop iPhone and iPad apps
on Macs makes little sense from a development point of view, so I
don't know why anybody would be looking forward to it ... unless they
have to (no choice).