On 4 March 2011 11:16, Russel Winder <rus...@russel.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 02:52 -0800, Roland Tepp wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> > Feynman was a top notch Physicist but through his life he learned and
> > practiced many as diverse subjects as biology, art, music, Japanese,
> > Spanish/Portuguese etc.
>
> He was also an excellent bongos player.  Not to mention being good at
> drawing (Feynman) diagrams ;-)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feynman_diagram
>
> Yet a different way of conceiving of quantum mechanics.  So many models,
> so many branches of mathematics applied to physics, but which is right?
> None of them and all of them.
>
> Analogously, we have zillions of programming languages, Which is right?
> None of them and all of them.

All of them?  Are you seriously claiming that every single language ever
devised is always right in some particular objective fashion?  Including
Intercal, BrainF**k, objective C, Whitespace, SAP ABAP, Malbolge, etc...

This is objective "rightness" too, being tied to a particular platform so
you have no other choice doesn't count.

--
Kevin Wright

gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
<kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
vibe / skype: kev.lee.wright
quora: http://www.quora.com/Kevin-Wright
twitter: @thecoda

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not
regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current
conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side of
the ledger" ~ Dijkstra