> During the last years of Sun's life, Google played bully with the
> going-to-die mate. When Sun was going to be sold, Google could buy Sun
> on its own and it would have saved tons of money and troubles. I think
> that Google has just been too much presumptuous and now it's paying for
> that.

Interesting perspective. I'd also like to think, that the state of
Java would be better under Google, as they execute on genuine visions
rather than just putting lipstick on the old bloated pig.

Also, I assume that even if Google somehow went through a major root-
canal and changed Android's de-facto language to something else (Go?),
that would still not satisfy Oracle or solve the problem. At the very
least, Oracle would demand to get payed up until that change... and
there are still the issues regarding the generic VM patents.