I should point out that the Florian Mueller, author of that piece, is
getting a reputation as saying headline grabbing things rather than
considered thoughtful things.

Groklaw is much more reliable on the real legal issues, and a
recommended read if you come across a Mueller piece:
"It's hilarious to read Florian "Android is Doomed" Mueller, as I now
call him, providing journalists with breathless hyperbole that this
Google filing means Google will have to pay astronomical sums. That
has the issue before the court precisely backwards. Here's a sample of
what Mueller wrote, as quoted by several journalists:"

Stephen