> Java is not broken. It has weaknesses, like most languages, but not only
> does it get an amazingly vast array of jobs done, most people who use it
> actually enjoy programming with it.

Java isn't broken in the same way C isn't broken.  It's more of a PITA
than it should be.  It's unnecessarily clunky.  But it's ubiquitous,
so that trumps any broken-ness.

I for one find it irritating coding in Java after spending some time
doing Ruby or Groovy.  But fact is Java pays a lot better and is much
more widely used, so it's my main language.