Just call .get on the thing, it'll go bang fast enough :)

Often though, that simply isn't what you want.  If I'm running some form of
5 hour long big data / batch processing task and it goes bang on item
38,976 / 39,207 then I am *NOT* going to be happy.

"Going bang" really isn't your friend if processing large data sets.
 Especially if you're processing them in parallel, even more especially if
the processing involves side effects - at which point you've made your
behaviour non-deterministic.

On 5 June 2012 17:25, Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Ricky Clarkson <ricky.clark...@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>
> Option gives you the same choices
>

> How do I get Option to blow up if I try to map on a None?
>
> --
> Cédric
>

>  --

Kevin Wright
mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
quora: http://www.quora.com/Kevin-Wright
google+: http://gplus.to/thecoda
<kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>
twitter: @thecoda
vibe / skype: kev.lee.wright
steam: kev_lee_wright

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not
regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current
conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side
of the ledger" ~ Dijkstra