I'm pretty much with Rick and Cédric on this topic...

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 18:42:57 +0200, Kevin Wright <kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Going bang" really isn't your friend if processing large data sets.
Especially if you're processing them in parallel, even more especially if
the processing involves side effects - at which point you've made your
behaviour non-deterministic.

... so how would it be better to have the whole data set processed without problems until the end, but with the doubt that it just produced (some) nonsense?

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."