That's one reason why many batch processing systems have ways of rerunning
parts of a job.

If you design the system for it, of course it could continue processing and
then raise some alert pointing at the problem data.

If you haven't yet considered this failure mode though it's probably best
to just stop.  If you carry on maybe you're rendering garbage to the
screen, allocating buffers many times bigger than you should because you
read 4 bytes that don't mean what you think they will..