> I just listened to #390.
>
> I love the show, been listening for years and years. You even read one of
> my emails once.
>
> But dear god you start to sound like babbling idiots when you talk about
> Microsoft. You don't know what you're talking about and it is
> deeply embarrassing. Please just avoid the topic!

I just listened to #390 as well, and what surprises me is that, rather than
trying to go back to what was actually said ("I haven't been back to listen
to it") and correct some of this, Dick tries to redefine it
while arguing the critique was taken out of context (by definition, his
very own context from #386)?! Carl and Tor actually has some lucid and
valid arguments and as I've said before, it's *fine* to be critical at
Microsoft and related technologies - but don't cook up a fake reality as if
you're some republican congressman from Missouri - makes you look really
dumb.

Rather than subjective gut feelings and make-belief conspiracies, ask
yourself the following questions:

Why did Microsoft cook up Silverlight?
[As Carl says, to have a horse in the RIA race that nobody knew the
importance of at the time.]

Can you consume JavaFX/WebStart RIA stuff on a fresh Ubuntu install?
[Not without first installing the IcedTea Java plugin from the community
much like one has to install the Moonlight plugin for Silverlight.]

Why did NetFlix go with Silverlight rather than Java/Flash for their 25
mio. subscribers?
[Because Linux is a minority, and both the JRE and Flash lacks codecs and
DRM support.]

Why is Microsoft now abandoning Silverlight?
[Much like Oracle is abandoning JavaFX and Adobe is abandoning Flash, the
general consensus is that the future is HTML5 and MPEG DASH.]

Why is Moonlight being abandoned?
[It would be pretty dumb for the Mono community to invest more of their
previous resources in Moonlight, when Microsoft is abandoning Silverlight.]

Perhaps a bit boring compared to the soap-opera hodgepodge in the podcast,
but I'd argue, more accurate.