C# Extension methods are mere syntactic sugar to convert this:
foo(o, args);
into this:
o.foo(args);

So what? I'm only interested in language/api features that have a basis in
serious logical reason and purpose.

Every Scala feature I listed earlier can be supported by reason and logic,
not merely subjective taste and opinion.