On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Ricky Clarkson
<ricky.clark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As for pattern-matching, there's nothing inherently bad about it, but
> usually or perhaps always with scala.Option, there's a better way of
> writing code using HOFs.

So, in my example, what should I have done instead?  I should say the
function returning an Object that might be null was from a java
library.  And the "do something with class I know" was less than 2
lines in each case.  Seemed perfectly succinct and readable.