On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:30:43 +0100, Jed Wesley-Smith <jed.wesleysm...@gmail.com> wrote:

We – and others – have tried to submit patches to Guava several times and
were basically met with a stone-wall, normally various excuses about some
internal thing or other, and then Kevin came out and basically said[1] they
were never going to take any submissions from outside, so please stop
trying.

Fugue[2] was written as it became increasingly obvious that any sane
functional library code would be deliberately subverted as the Guava team
don't like it [3] and have no intention of supporting it except
accidentally.

BTW Fugue isn't our only functional library code, we have recently added a
Promise[4] to atlassian-util-concurrent[5] that gives a much saner
interface to the whacky ListenableFuture stuff.

Thanks for the insight, that to me is very important: at this point I think I should wait with Guava and have a look at Fugue.

But I can't prevent myself from putting further questions? If the stone-wall was only Sun/Oracle, one might argue they have a too conservative attitude. Now we're talking also of Google. The two biggest Java player around, I'd say.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."