I think the only really unfair thing here is that UK companies, like Caffe'
Nero cannot enjoy this artificial tax cut, while Starbucks (being US
corporation) can. Same for a UK startup against Google for example.

AFAIK US is one of the few country that allows for this behaviour of its
corporation abroad. I'm not sure, but I think a German company with a
UK subsidiary for example can decide to pay tax in UK or DE, but not in LUX
or IE (apart from work done in LUX or IE of course).

Uberto