On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:08:01 +0100, Kevin Wright <kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Prime-time TV adverts, funded by government, in which the worst tax evasion

I'd be very worried of such a thing funded by a government, as this could be used to retaliate corporates for other political reasons. While it could be a very good idea if the initiative is carried on by e.g. an association of citizens, or customers, or such. Still, I don't believe it would change things: people are too infatuated of new technologies and couldn't prevent themselves from buying products and using services. Let's just recall a few years ago how many Java developers were upset with Apple, and how the boycott failed (I mean, not only because developers are a minimal fraction of Apple customers). The only good thing, at this point, is that the initiative would inform people correctly, give them some weapons to fight, and if people decide not to use it, well, that's democracy.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."