Going to a big box store, that's the case.  Many models through Dell can
be had with XP or XP Pro.  Refurbished computers can easily be found
with all flavors of XP.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ricque
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 4:00 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS 8 and Vista

Hi Jerry,
If you are going to buy a new computer off-the-shelf, then expect to buy
it with Vista already loaded.
There may still be some XP machines out there, but they will be hard to
find.
A word of caution, spend a little extra money, and get a machine with
something more than Vista home basic.
The low end of Vista, has less than Xp home.
HTH,

Richard Justice
www.blind-computing.com